Why would you personally need a residence permit in Ukraine? The main reason is twofold: beautiful girls and low cost of living 😁
But seriously, Ukraine is:
- a large country in the center of Europe with great economic opportunities;
- hospitable people;
- low cost of living;
- high-quality and affordable private healthcare;
- profitable and affordable real estate, available for multiple purposes: be it, personal living, rental or doing business;
- scanty Covid-19 restrictions;
- and, of course, very beautiful, but self-aware girls.
Most frequently asked questions:
- What are the options for living in Ukraine for more than 90 days in half a year?
- What documents do I need to obtain a temporary residence permit (residence permit)?
- Do I have the opportunity to obtain a permanent residence permit in Ukraine?
- What are the terms of obtaining a residence permit and how much can it cost?
- Is it possible to get a residence permit if my dad/mom/grandfather/grandmother were born on the territory of Ukraine/The Ukrainian SSR?
- if I get a residence permit in Ukraine, would I be granted the right of travel to the countries of Schengen area?
So, about everything in order:
1. The Government of Ukraine has simplified visits to the country for citizens of a number of countries for tourist purpose.
So, you can stay in the country for up to 90 days in the last 180 days. You can spend at least all 90 days on the territory of Ukraine, or visit the country 90 times.
You can find out exactly if you need a visa and how long you can stay in Ukraine by following the link of: the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
There are many options for obtaining a residence permit, but I would like to highlight the 3 main ones:
А. on the basis of a work permit;
B. on a volunteer basis;
V. marriage with a citizen of Ukraine.
А. 90% of all the residence permits we receive fall on the basis of a work permit (visa D). Its meaning is as follows: you create an LLC, hire yourself as a director, get a work visa, and, based on it, get a temporary residence permit. The term of the residence permit can be for 1 or 3 years. In addition, you are obliged to pay your own wages. You can pay the minimum, now it is 6000 UAH per month, from December 2021 6500 UAH; 2500 UAH per month will be taxes, the balance will be returned to you bank account (or card).
It is important to note that such a residence permit does not give you the right to obtain a permanent residence permit; and even more so – the citizenship, but you can extend such a residence permit without restrictions.
B. It is cheaper to get a residence permit based on volunteer activity, but it will be more difficult to extend it after the end of the term. It is ideal if you plan to spend up to 1 year in Ukraine. If you need longer, it’s better to use plan A.
V. I think the option of marriage to a citizen of Ukraine is very clear.
2. What documents do you need to obtain a residence permit?
A. To obtain a temporary residence permit – your passport and green papers with the image of American presidents :)
B. If you have a permanent residence permit, then depending on the type you choose, there will be your own set of documents. For example, you may additionally need a certificate of the place of tax registration/residence, the absence of cancer, the absence of criminal records and other similar documents.
3. We have sorted out the residence permit, we need your desire, passport, and money.
If you want a permanent residence permit, then it is obtained in the following cases:
А. If you have blood relatives – citizens of Ukraine (wife, marriage for more than 2 years; children; mom/dad; grandmother/ grandfather);
B. In the past you or your parents/ grandparents were born on the territory of modern Ukraine.
C. Invested in the economy of Ukraine from 100 thousand US dollars and more.
D. Served in the army of Ukraine for more than 3 years.
E. Marriage with a citizen of Ukraine, which lasted more than 2 years.
F. You are a unique IT specialist that a Ukrainian company is ready to hire.
4. The time for obtaining a residence permit is about 2 months + \- 2 weeks.
Obtaining a permanent residence permit may take up to 1 year. The cost is negotiated individually in each case.
5. You can get a permanent residence permit based on ethnic origin if your blood relatives were born on the territory of modern Ukraine.
You need to collect a package of documents proving this legal fact, it can be: a birth certificate, passports of those times, documents that corroborate entering the country of residence, usually indicating where the emigrant came from and where he was born. If you do not have such documents, but you know for sure that your relatives are of Ukrainian origin, our company can collect an appropriate package of documents by submitting requests to the archives of Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, and other states to prove your Ukrainian origin. This option is quite long and expensive, but it will allow you entrance to the territory of Ukraine and stay in the country without restrictions.
6. If you get a residence permit in Ukraine, then this will give you the right only to reside in Ukraine, additional benefits of Ukrainian citizens will be unavailable to you, like visiting the countries of the Schengen area.
I have tried to write answers to the most pressing questions, but if you still have them, I will be glad to answer them.
Contact me via the form below, or email – email@example.com